Anyone with an Incitement account can list their charity and anyone, from anywhere, can donate to a charity or a fundraiser as long as they have an internet connection and a major debit or credit card, or for corporate donors an international payment process.
To ensure a safe and transparent environment for contributions, to receive contributions project creators can undergo a verification process to earn a Verified Badge on Incitement. The Verified Badge is an indication that the organisation has been verified by Incitement and is therefore a legitimate organisation.
The eligibility criteria for project creators and verification requirements are laid out on this page.
What are the eligibility criteria for charities to get verified?
The Incitement platform is available for anyone, anywhere. Anyone can create a page to list their organisation or initiative, and anyone can create a fundraiser to raise funds, recruit volunteers, and use all other platform features.
All charities must meet the requirements below:
- You are 18 years of age or older.
- You have an address, bank account, and government-issued ID based in the country that you are creating the project in.
- You are able to identify yourself via a government-issued ID and you agree to do so upon Incitement’s request.
- You are able to present a Letter of Good Conduct issues by your local authorities and you agree to do so upon Incitement’s request.
Donations made to projects that are not verified by Incitement are at the sole risk of the donor. Incitement does not assume any responsibility for losses and/or damages incurred for donations made to unverified charities.
Although a charity can be a person or an organisation, and therefore any person and organisation can raise funds on Incitement, only registered organisations and legal entities can earn a Verified Badge after successfully undergoing Incitement’s due diligence and vetting procedures.
To earn a Verified Badge for your charity, you must meet all the above requirements and the requirements below:
- You are creating your charity page in name of an organisation or legal entity you are legally allowed to represent or are affiliated to.
- The linked banked account must belong to the organisation you represent, not a person.
- You must have the authority to represent the organisation to our payment partners.
- You are able to present necessary documentation to demonstrate legitimacy of your organisation via due diligence. This includes but is not limited to certificates of incorporation, memorandum and articles of association, up-to-date list of authorized signatories, list of board of trustees, tax exemption certifications (if any), latest bank statement, latest 2-year audited reports, copy of passport of directors, copy of passport of authorized signatories. If your organisation is unable to meet these eligibility requirements, or you are unable to present the necessary documentation, Incitement holds the right to withhold your funds until the verification process is successfully completed.
Incitement holds the right to revoke your Verified Badge at any time should your organisation is unable to meet the due diligence requirements.
The Verified Badge is subject to annual renewal of due diligence requirements
Click here to learn more about verified badges.